Here they are! My favourite books of 2017. I had a hard time ranking them because I think like almost all of them were amazing and it seems unfair to the rest to not be on this list but well, I chose to put only ten books (otherwise they’d be half of my 2017 reads). I am also not including my rereading because, boy, I reread a lot of my favourites this year.
And noooooow, my top ten books of 2017:
10. Renegades (Renegades #1) by Marissa Meyer. Excuse me while I scream but this book was so amazing??? It has superheroes and supervillains and we see both sides of the thing, and secret identities!! I loved the Lunar Chronicles series by this author and I was not disappointed with this new book. Can’t wait for the sequel.
9. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I have absolutely no idea why I didn’t read this book sooner because I just loved it. Beautiful story about relationships, growing up, and life.
8. Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2) by Victoria Schwab. I hope you’re ready to see a lot of this author here because I discovered her books this year and she quickly became one of my favourite author ever. Anyway, this was a beautiful end to a beautiful duology, I loved every instant of it.
7. La Belle Sauvage (The Book of Dust #1) by Philip Pullman. It was so good to go into this universe again, I love His Dark Materials and in there we saw baby Lyra! I still love her as much as before and now I have all these new characters I fell in love with. Thanks Mr Pullman!
6. The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #3) by Rick Riordan. I think this one was my favourite of the trilogy. I loved everything so much and just want to reread it again to be with my children all over again.
5. Vicious (Villains #1) by V. E. Schwab. Schwab strikes again. I don’t think I can even dislike one of her books at this point? I’m incredibly in love with her writing and her stories. Vicious was just so addictive I couldn’t put the book down, I needed to know what was going to happen. I think I never gasped so much reading a book.
4. La Mémoire de Babel (La Passe-Miroir #3) by Christelle Dabos. (I just wanted to say firstly that I met Christelle Dabos this year and she signed my books and it was amazing she’s awesome ok thanks) This series is really one of my favourites, everything is beautiful in it, go read it.
3. A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V. E. Schwab. I put the third book in this list because it’s the last of them I read but I think I love all three of them at the same time, that is a good series that won’t let you down. I love the characters and I want to live in this universe.
2. Radio Silence by Alice Oseman. Oh look another new favourite author I discovered this year! I bought Radio Silence because I saw it had an asexual character but I wasn’t ready to fall in love with everything in it. The characters are so loveable, the cast so diverse, and I never related that much to a book before.
1. Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1) by Mark Lawrence. If you know me just a little you knew this was coming. My heart is just so full of love for this book. I love everything in it, I think I recommended it to everyone I know and I’m currently reading it for the fourth time, that’s how much I love it. I don’t think I have enough words to tell you how amazing it is so I’ll just say this: read Red Sister. You won’t regret it. My review
Now tell me, what are your favorite reads of 2017? Do we have some common books in this list?